MySQL Tutorial

Welcome to Derek Banas’ MySQL tutorial. He cover 95 – 98% of everything you’ll ever need to know in one video.

Derek covers the following topics:

• Creating / destroying databases.
  • Creating / destroying tables.
  • Data types.
  • String operators.
  • Joins.
  • LIKE.
  • DISTINCT.
  • Math functions.
  • And more.

Cheat Sheet / Transcript is Here : http://goo.gl/Z1p50M.

Best MySQL Book : http://goo.gl/zJC254.

Support Derek on Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/derekbanas.

source

Posted in MySQL, Web Development Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
40 comments on “MySQL Tutorial
  1. thanks for the video Derek……

2. GREAT !
    Thanks for the video

3. In depth information provided in a simplified way.Awesome.

4. zakattak47 says:

This tutorial helped me more in 1/2 the time than an SQL tutorial on w3schools. Thanks for helping me bring myself up to speed at my new job!

5. Aneet Kumar says:

Good Job for beginner

6. Fantastic rundown that covered the points fast and clean. watched the whole video to get an idea of how to work mySQL. Thanks a bunch, this was exactly what i needed.

7. basiliszag says:

Hi, when i try to launch mysql from terminal and use the command of your example i get as a reply: -bash: mysql: command not found

But when I give the following command: sudo /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -uroot -p
    i get asked about my password and I am able to launch mysql. Why is that? Furthermore, if I save a file (db name.sql) in my desktop, that I have already created in workbench, how can I launch it in terminal? Thank you

8. Ryan Ye says:

LOVE IT!! Helps me a lot on my mid-term exam!

9. Patrick says:

Thank you very much, very useful!

10. Hamza Aftah says:

You made MySql seem so easy to understand in less than an hour. Thanks a lot

11. Seamus Hand says:

Well done on covering so much so quickly and yet clearly

12. von fouch says:

Derek,  I have a working idea for a investment app that will login to my Merrill Lynch investment account and buy or sell a selected stock automatically, I have a working prototype spreadsheet that I can share with you. I don't know if you do the freelance thing but I'm looking for a partner programmer to complete a mobile prototype to show some investors. I would love to collaborate with you,  thanks for your tutorials

13. Amazing job by Derek… So cool! Nice and crisp…

14. Great tutorial Derek. Fast track stuff!

15. Alan Bazzaz says:

Awesome introduction. Thanks a lot.

16. Nandini Ray says:

What is the syntax for setting a foreign key

17. Israel Rocha says:

Great video, straight to the point without too much mumbo jumbo

18. Quliyev says:

thanks, and can u make a video for installing because i install but it didn;t work.

19. good to know, database must supplied to try everything

20. Thank U very much my brother. It helped me

21. Parth Vora says:

LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Doing other online tutorials, I've seen joins created differently. In other tutorials, they often teach JOIN w ON x WHERE y = z. However, here you write in the tables you're selecting FROM and then write in multiple conditions after WHERE. Is this just a difference in SQL syntax or something else?

Thanks.

23. Mountain Liu says:

this is such a great video to review.

24. wow….didn't think i could learn this much in 40 minutes……..awesome video…thanks,

25. Nirav Tailor says:

wonderful dude, it's my firs comment ever. But it's really very fast, means a completely numb will not able to learn this,

26. Thank you so much for you videos! always a great resource. Im about to dive into this tutorial as well, but given that this one is 2 years old, is there some teachings in here that could be considered out of date? thanks again!

27. Excellent video man. Thank you very much.

28. why are you writing everything in terminal instead of using GUI to create tables ? I use windows and it doesn't have this type of terminal thing to write all these.

29. Great video, helped me refresh my sql-knowledge I learnt I while back, though to give feedback; whenever you bring up examples about irrelevant "cases" (for the main video-case) you should help the viewer with visuals.
    For example, when you begin to bring up examples about customers and purchase history and what not I lost you, because the pace in the video is (understandably) fast, and the new example "surprisingly" introduced.

If you accompanied these kind of examples with simple visuals (e.g. UMLs) I think it would make your examples more explainative.

30. You just taught me in 40 min what one of my professors could only teach me 20% of in one whole semester, this video was very useful for me and I am for sure passing it on!

31. Tina Fine says:

Derek, you rock! Excellent tutorial.

32. Hay Maj says:

Derek,
    Thank you sooo very much for this awesome tutorial. May God reward you back for brilliant info. you provided in this awesome vid.
    H. Majeed

33. Samuel Kajah says:

Great video. I have a question. Let's say you have a simple employee table with firstName, lastName, salary. Is there a way to save that data to a file? I know the query will be SELECT * FROM employee;However, that just displays the data on the screen. How would I save it to a file?

34. Zack Muradi says:

Hi Derek,

I just want to say thanks for this wonderful video. Very informative and clear. So thanks again.

35. Mr Sinux says:

Derek !
    You are an amazingly productive, all rounded, charismatic person!
    All the respect for you man. I hope that you will find all the success you are looking for.
    Thank you very much for your time and effort.

36. Hello, would you please explain at 30:40 in the video, ….min….max…..total…..average….. are not quoted with single quotes, where as …..'Test'……'Range' are quoted, are'nt " min max total average" need to be quoted?

37. Azeem Sajid says:

Awesome tutorial, man…!!! 🙂 I totally loved it… 😉 Keep it up…!!! <3 <3 <3

38. pine2king says:

Whew, that was a good chunk of info.
    Now back to "Java Video Tutorial 34"
    Your channel is awesome, man!